This was a ‘wow’ trip. After Rajasthan, Goa and Patna this was my years third fourth. Quite a handful of experiences and loads of learning.
- You can”t plan a road trip. It just takes its own plan.
- How to descend on hills when you have no brakes to apply.
- Helicopter skillset
- History behind Badrinath and Kedarnath shrines
- Awesome routes I’ve ever driven on- dense jungles, curvy roads and picturesque landscapes (called the Mini Switzerland) near Chopta (mid way between Kedarnath and Badrinath)
- How not to miss the petrol pumps on the hills and avoid ‘Fuel Risks’.
- Traffic jam/Parking mess at the entry to the last Indian village-Mana on the China border, and the last tea shop which attracts so many numbers.
Uttarakhand is a beautiful state amidst the peaks of Himalaya. I’ve loved this trip and look forward to visiting the other places in the state namely Munshiari, Valley of flowers, Hemkund Sahab, Har ki Doon and many others that I’ll come to know of.